Adjacent to our farmhouse home, Heron and Curlew cottages retain many original features and are bursting with character – stoves, beamed ceilings,
natural slate floors and exposed stone walls. They provide spacious, well equipped and tasteful accommodation with a real homely feel where your comfort is our number one priority.
Both cottages have night storage heaters in addition to the wood burner in Heron and the electric stove in Curlew.
Included in each cottage:
- Free WiFi - see below
- Heron Cottage - a complimentary basket of logs, kindling and fire lighters (additional supplies available for a small charge)
- Bed linen and towels, extra pillows and cosy fleece blankets
- Basic provisions including tea, coffee, sugar, milk
- Kitchen essentials including tea towels, cloths, washing-up liquid, dishwasher tablets and kitchen roll
- Bathroom essentials including toilet paper and hand wash
Parking for one car per cottage but we may be able to accommodate extra cars with prior notice.
WiFi - decent but not ultrafast, or even superfast! If you intend to use the WiFi for work purposes while staying here we recommend you talk to us prior to booking.
Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda all deliver in our area.
The Stables Inn, serving good locally sourced food and local ales is only 5 minutes away and
offers a very friendly welcome to our guests.
Dogs - Sociable dogs are very welcome in both Cottages. We have two dogs of our own who loves to meet new friends. Our property is surrounded by fields with sheep in so
we must insist that visiting dogs are kept on a lead at all times when outside the cottage. There is an additional charge of £15 per dog per stay.
Be sure to check out our Photo gallery.
Learn more about our accomodation:
Heron Cottage - Sleeps
4 Curlew Cottage - Sleeps 2 + 1