Adjacent to our farmhouse home, Heron and Curlew cottages retain many original features and are bursting with character – stoves, beamed ceilings,
natural slate floors and exposed stone walls. They provide spacious, well equipped and tasteful accommodation with a real homely feel where your comfort is our number one priority.
Both cottages have night storage heaters in addition to the wood burners.
Included in each cottage:
- Free WiFi
- Heron Cottage - a complimentary basket of logs, kindling and fire lighters (additional supplies available for a small charge)
- Bed linen and towels, extra pillows and cosy fleece blankets
- Basic provisions including tea, coffee, sugar, milk, salt, pepper, oil and herbs.
- Kitchen essentials including tea towels, cloths, washing-up liquid, cling film, tin foil and kitchen roll plus laundry and dishwasher
- Bathroom essentials including toilet paper and hand wash
Electricity is included unless your booking is between 1st September and 31st March when there is an additional charge of £20 per week/short break for Heron Cottage and £10 per
week/short break for Curlew Cottage.
There is parking for one car per cottage but we may be able to accommodate extra cars with prior notice.
For those who would prefer to take the strain out of shopping for food, why not take advantage of the fact that Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda all deliver in our
With prior notice and subject to available storage space we can be available to receive your order before to your arrival. Please contact us before placing an order.
The Stables Inn, serving good locally sourced food and local ales is only 5 minutes away and
offers a very friendly welcome to our guests.
Sociable dogs are very welcome in both Cottages. We have a dog of our own who loves to meet new friends. Our property is surrounded by fields with sheep in so we must insist that
visiting dogs are kept on a lead at all times when outside the cottage. There is an additional charge of £15 per dog per stay.
Be sure to check out our Photo gallery.
Learn more about our accomodation:
Heron Cottage - Sleeps
4 Curlew Cottage - Sleeps 2 + 1